If you are experiencing an error during installation, please attach your installation log files in an email to email@example.com by doing one of the following:
Option A. Download and run a script that automatically grabs the error logs for you and inserts them into an email message in your default email client to send to GreenPrint.
- Download the file at http://printgreener.com/download/support/GreenPrintLogs.zip
- Open the zip file and double click GreenPrintLogs.vbs to run the script
- Send the email that gets automatically generated to firstname.lastname@example.org, including any additional information about the issue in the body of your email.
Option B. Manually retrieve and send the installation log files by following these steps:
- Open a Run window (Windows key + R or Start > Run)
- Type %temp% and hit Enter
- In the main directory (not the GreenPrint folder) find gpinstca.elr and gpsetup.elr
- Copy the .elr files and Paste them on your Desktop
- Attach gpinstsca.elr and gpsetup.elr to your email to email@example.com
If you're upgrading from an older version of GreenPrint, it's possible it wasn't completely uninstalled from your computer. We have a script that can make sure the older version is completely removed so that you can install the latest version of GreenPrint. Here is how you run it:
- Download the zip file from http://printgreener.com/download/support/UninstallCleanup.zip and extract it
- Close down any applications that might be trying to use GreenPrint
- In the extracted zip file, double click the Uninstallcleanup.vbs script file to run it
- Restart your computer
- Try installing the latest version of GreenPrint from http://printgreener.com again
If that upgrade method doesn't work, here are the complete instructions involving editing your registry files. Be advised, editing registry files is risky to the stability of your computer if not done properly.
First, uninstall all GreenPrint versions from Add/Remove Programs,
Then go to your Start Menu > Run
Type "regedit" and press return.
Navigate to the following registry key and delete it:
It is possible since you had multiple versions of GreenPrint that there will be more than one key here. Delete any registry key related to GreenPrint.
If you cannot delete the key, right-click on the subkey below GreenPrint (called “Azara”) and select permissions. Then click on the advanced button, highlight “deny” under type, then hit remove and okay. Back at the security window, check allow for both full control and read, then hit apply and okay. Now you will be able to delete the GreenPrint registry key.
If deleting the key is successful, next check My Computer > C: > Program Files > Greenprint and delete the folder if it’s there. Then go to Control Panel > Printers and delete the GreenPrint printer if it also remains.
After this, restart your computer and install the latest version of GreenPrint.